Q: What if a women needs a mammogram, doesn't have insurance and also does NOT qualify for any state programs--how does she pay for a mammogram?
A: Komen Central Valley will be the only source of outside funding available to provide eligible Fresno County residents with life-saving breast cancer screening.
Q: How does a 5k Race and walk make a huge impact on the residents of Fresno County?
A: Through the fundraising efforts of every participant the following projects can be funded:
• Mammograms for uninsured/underinsured women and men
• Lymphedema treatment for breast cancer survivors
• Breast cancer navigation to help women with employment, insurance or finances
• Financial assistance so that breast cancer survivors may continue treatment
• Culturally diverse breast cancer education and wellness programs
• Hospice care
You don’t need to be a fundraising expert to be successful at it – you just need the desire to stand up to breast cancer and make a difference. Thanks to people like you, in 2011/2012 the Komen Central Valley Affiliate was able to fund $356,000 for education, screening and treatment services in Fresno County. This year we’re aiming even higher! If every Race participant raised an average of $100 over the registration fee, the Komen Central Valley Affiliate would raise an additional $70,000. Together, we can save lives!
What is the 200 Challenge?
All major mammography facilities in Fresno and surrounding areas have upgraded to DIGITAL mammogram machines. The fee for screening with updated equipment and radiology charges have increased to $200.
When registering for Race, won't you consider an additional donation of $200 that could fund life-saving breast cancer screening?
How the Power of 10 Challenge Works
• It's simple; if each participant asks 10 people to donate at least $10 each, each Race participant will raise $100 above the $25 entry fee.
• This year we will encourage all Race participants to rise to the challenge of raising additional funds over and above the $25 entry fee.
Steps to raise $100:
• Show your commitment and donate to yourself
• Ask spouse/parent/family members to match your donation
• Ask friends/co-workers
• Ask your boss for a company contribution
Fundraising is easy with online fundraising tools! When you registered for the Race you automatically received your own fundraising website which can be personalized. Start now by logging in, and encouraging everyone you know to visit your site, see what you are doing in the fight against breast cancer and make a donation on your behalf. Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the Affiliate stays right here in the local community! The remaining income goes to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure Grants Program to fund research.
Every dollar makes an impact – thank you for everything you do!